Royal Connections is a brand-new approach to Hopkins Community Education programming!!! All Royal Connections courses are designed and taught by current Hopkins High School students or recent grads. The program is intergenerational; instructors have designed courses for both different youth age ranges as well as adults! Royal Connections instructors are paid employees and are working in collaboration with Hopkins Community Education staff. Best of all: all classes are offered on a "pay what you can" scale from $5 - $25! The main goal of Royal Connections is to provide barrier-free opportunities for social connectedness this summer. All courses are virtual. All participants must register online. Sign up today and support Hopkins High School students while learning something new!
Community Education has the opportunity to:
- Create free and low-cost enrichment opportunities for Hopkins students and community members
- Fill upcoming teaching positions by hiring Hopkins High School students 16+ and recent grads to design, plan and teach classes on topics of interest to them
- The main goal of this program is social connectedness. Skill building and learning will be a natural secondary outcome, but social connectedness is the core.
- The program will be intergenerational. Student teachers will decide if their classes will be targeted to elementary students, junior high students, high school students, or adult community members.
- All classes will be on a sliding-fee scale. Participants will have the option to pay $0, $5, $10, $15 or $20 to participate. Whatever is paid covers all of the classes offered in the course.
- Classes can be designed on a spectrum from more structured (i.e. “How to…”) to more loosely structured (i.e. community conversation around a topic of interest).
- If the class requires supplies, participants will receive a list of required materials ahead of time, and if they need assistance purchasing the supplies Community Education will do their best to support so this is not a barrier to participation.